Senior Support Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The APS Global Functions team consists of various Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) disciplines including and not limited to: Incident, Problem, Change, Risk Management as well as Service Transition and IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM).
Business Services –Service Transition– Team Member
BP2S APS – Business Services
Chennai , India
Business Line / Function:
Business Services Lead Chennai
Service Transition– Global Activity Co-coordinator
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role will require the individual to perform a critical function by being fully accountable and responsible for the IT Service Transition function across all BP2S applications. The position being advertised covers two main ITIL Service Transition areas; Transition Planning & Support and Change Management.
Internally, Transition Planning & Support is referred to as the STAC (Service Transition Acceptance Criteria) process. Within this aspect of the role, you will be a key point of contact to ensure the service and operational readiness of new or amended application or infrastructure projects into the live production and disaster recovery environments. Conversely, to also have oversight of decommissions to facilitate the controlled exit of retired, obsolete products, services or infrastructure from the live environments.
Experience of positioning projects for operational readiness before go-live into a live environment will be the key fundamental aspect of this role and you will be expected to have prior experience of working closely with project teams, development teams, operational support teams and Service Delivery teams.
With regards to Change Management, the primary objective, as above, will be to safeguard the live environments by collating registered changes from respective business lines and presenting them in a standardized format for stakeholder review; with the view to ensure sufficient due diligence has been performed in order to gain approval and proceed to implementation. Ensuring all auditable points are catered for and evidences are gathered as part of daily BAU activities.
Working within the Service Transition team, you will both drive the Service Transition process as well as advocate a strong level of governance is applied to all changes and projects prior to deployment and release.
For both aspects of the role, a good understanding and awareness of interfacing ITIL processes is highly desirable.
· Champion the Service Transition process and deliver good practice in line with the pre-defined process requirements
· Schedule, chair and minute Service Transition meetings
· Review and maintain process documentation
· Clearly communicate the Change Management process and it’s benefits to local and global stakeholders
· Lead workshops and process awareness sessions
· Maintain the Global Advanced Notification Calendar (Global Change and IT event calendar)
· Collate Changes from various ITSM toolsets in readiness for local and global Change Advisory Boards (CABs)
· Facilitate weekly CAB meetings
· Challenge stakeholders on process non-compliance and perform the necessary remedial actions
· Produce and distribute CAB minutes, accountable for clarifying any queries
· Escalate changes as per the emergency change process
· Produce periodic and ad-hoc reports on process KPIs, key achievements and next steps
· Provide required evidences for audit requirements and participate in audit meetings where necessary
· Perform Continuous Service Improvement initiatives on Service Transition processes.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Solid and demonstrable experience within a Service Transition role, preferably within the financial industry
· Clear aptitude for service delivery excellence and producing quality results
· Customer focussed approach to work
· Solid stakeholder management with geographically dispersed teams
· Ability to adapt and remain calm under pressure
· Strong decision making ability
· Good communication skills, written and verbal
· Self-driven and proactive, sharing best practices and improvement suggestions
· Focused on innovation and continuous improvement
· A quick learner
· A team player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· ITIL Foundation, ITIL Service Transition are mandatory
· Knowledge of a wide range of ITIL based processes
· Experience preferably in Banking or Financial sector will be an added advantage
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)