Senior Support Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Ø ALMT function is responsible for assets of BNP Paribas.
Ø It also handles Bank’s funding needs and risk management activities.
Ø ALMT IT is a Deal Capture &Deal Processing Application catering to IT demands of ALMT functions within the bank.
Ø ALM Treasury is responsible for managing and guiding the liquidity of assets and liabilities, including setting internal rules, setting funds transfer pricing, operationally managing Intraday liquidity, and monitoring liquidity indicators with the aim of minimizing liquidity risks and costs.
In addition, it defines ALMT operational framework such as local funding rules, cut-off time, intraday liquidity, cash clearing and cash consumption limits.
CIB – ITO PRODUCTION
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This is for a Support Analyst role, reporting to the Application Support Manager within ISPL GM TP APS
The role includes ITIL Operations, Transition & Design activity, strongly collaborating with the global team and the other Technology teams in ISPL. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled candidate to join a very dynamic company and work in an exciting environment.
APS team member would be working on standard banking softwares & in-house applications etc..
The APS team member is responsible for providing production support, maintenance of key application platforms, deployment within the GM TP APS domain.
• Candidate must work as level 1/2 support analyst to bring technical and product issues to resolve.
* Candidate must have good experience on SQL / PL-SQL.
* Candidate should be able to write complex SQL queries, and can troubleshoot DB issues.
* Candidate must have Cobol programming knowledge
• Responsible for monitoring production environment and act proactively to prevent performance issues or application crash.
• Responsible for resolving support issue by using technical expertise and flexible enough to look for solutions that may be out of the box.
• Handling ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Management
• Monitoring night batch and ensuring reports are generated well and transferred to client by adhering the SLA defined.
• Monitor the recurrent incidents, perform problem management and escalate to the next level of support or development team when required
• Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & up gradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work
• Responsible for UAT/PROD deployment & validation,
• Analyzing/documenting problems, recommending solutions, & initiating corrective action
• Providing coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
• Should have good experience knowledge on L1/L2 Functional Support
• Good to have Banking Domain Knowledge (Corporate & Investment) .
• Good to have Knowledge on Autosys & dynatrace.
• Good to have Knowledge on Weblogic and Cobol.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Knowledge on DBMS, Oracle, SQL database
Knowledge on Process Management, Memory Management, Network Management commands
Good Understanding of ITIL framework, especially on Incident, Request, Problem and Change management.
Should have worked in ITIL process and best practices.
Knowledge on tomcat OR any Middleware troubleshooting and Deployment Process
Knowledge on Shell scripting.
Geneos or Dynatrace Monitoring Console
Service Now, JIRA
• Proactive with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to understand and interpret complex technical issues and identify solutions, quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast moving environment. Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
• Effective problem solving abilities.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Exhibits positive interpersonal and team skills.
• Commitment to company quality standards including: issue resolution timescales, quality improvement and commitment to resolving issues correctly.
• Aptitude for learning.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Good Analytical skills
· Excellent documentation skills