Service Delivery Manager(Continuity Coordinator) – Efficency Division
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union’s leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group’s commercial & personal banking and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group’s performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected, and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind, and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Business line/Function:
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain, and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
SDM for IT Continuity & Incident Management
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Part of BNPP Wealth Management in Chennai/ Bangalore, the position is created within WMIS
Engineering & Production Domain (E&P) under Efficiency Division to ensures that WMIS Global IT
continuity exercises are completed. Additionally, to contribute as an Incident Manager as on when there
is a critical Incident situation.
IT Continuity responsibilities
· Ensure that all continuity and recovery exercises are planned, scheduled, executed and
· completed, as per head office and regulatory requirements
· Publish and communicate continuity updates and exercise results to stakeholders
· Set up a periodic review of various documentation, such as IT Continuity Plans, Disaster
· Recovery Plans, Application Impact Analyses, and Business Impact Analyses
· Assess business recovery plans against cyber blackout scenarios for vital business & IT
· activities and processes
· Work closely with production and development teams to define backup strategies for
· critical assets
· Act as point of contact of other group entities managing continuity
· Contribute to the elaboration and follow up of the continuity risk acceptance forms
· Familiarize himself/herself with the WM application architecture
· Ensure IT continuity is integrated into IT project mgmt. from the beginning of a project
· Identify opportunities for strategic improvement and for mitigation of business
· interruptions and other risks
· Interpret local and regional regulatory requirements to ensure compliance
Incident Manager responsibilities
· Handle critical incident triage calls, handle escalations with periodic communication to senior management
· Supporting the IT L1 & L2 to achieve Incident SLAs and continual service improvement.
· Perform Quality Assurance of Incident processing & logging according to ITIL standards
· Providing reporting metrics and dashboards complying with BNP Paribas Group Requirements
· Accountable for the delivery and maintenance of Incident Management Process &Procedures
· Working with the APS Managers to identify Incident process and operational efficiencies o Track and align processes / reporting and actions in line with BNPP IG rules & requirements o Working with the Ops & IT stakeholders to assess risk for business critical incidents and authorize for Emergency Changes o Facilitate closure, prevention, and action plans for all critical incidents o Support the Problem Manager on prioritize problems based on the impact of critical Incidents that are recurring or costly for APS to implement workarounds. o Facilitate on preparation of Incident SteerCo, Service Review KPIs
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Technical background in IT production (Good technical background OS and Java application
· Architecture: Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, load balancers, high availability setups)
· Outstanding analytical skills
· Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
· Advanced Reporting skills in MS Excel or BI report
· High level of initiative, commitment, and drive
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and within short deadlines
· ITIL Certification (Preferred)
· Working experience in ServiceNow or equivalent ticketing tool
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)