SR ASSOCIATE -L2 CONTROL
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business line/Function :
Controls team monitors the control environment surrounding the production of financial statements and of accounting figures by performing various Level 2 controls. The primary mission of the control team is to ensure that the entities under its purview comply with the Group and CIB Accounting Control Standards. Control examples include Revenue recognition, Cost of Risk provisioning, Nostro Reconciliation, Sensitive Account check, Account Justification, & so on.
Sr. Associate – Level 2 Accounting Controls and Monitoring
25th Oct. 2023
Finance Shared Services
Business Line / Function:
Finance Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Contribute to the performance second level accounting control of BNP Paribas entities in EMEA
- Drive the account owner sign-off and first level accounting control certification process
- Perform and document accounting controls and analysis
- Contribute to the automation of certain accounting control processes and the standardisation of booking schemes among entities.
- Perform and document accounting controls, and support the S&C –ISPL objective.
- Contribute to the performance of second level accounting controls on a list of key areas defined by the BNP Paribas Standard Accounting Control Group Plan.
- Identify system / control deficiencies and propose solution to improve the accounting control environment
- Ensure that the Accounting Control Repository Databases are updated with the changes in accounts, controls and ownership.
- Based on the Accounting Control Repository Database, generate and release the Account owner sign-off and first level control certification packages
- Monitor account and 1st level control sign-off and escalate problems identified.
- Contribute to the preparation of various reports, which are to be used for management.
- Monitor Accounting Control outcomes through key performance and key risk indicators.
- Ensure the good coordination with the Regional Financial Reporting team, in particular whenever an accounting issue needs to be addressed
- Participate to Finance Projects linked to Accounting Controls.
- Report incidents and accounting issues.