Sr Associate /Team Lead Corporate Action : EMEA
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function:
Global Markets Operations Corporate Actions, Incomes and Taxes Department is part of the transversal functions within ITO and is acting as a central interlocutor regarding Corporate Actions, both for Fixed Income and EQD Solutions.
EQD is a dedicated Business Line for Equity Derivatives and Financing Solutions within BNP PARIBAS Group and a major player within CIB.
Fixed Income is specialized in G10et Credit repo financing transactions on debts and bonds assets.
Within Global Markets Operations pole, the Corporate Actions Department is specialized in the analysis and the management of the corporate events affecting listed assets (mainly securities products).
It is in charge of the notification and the coordination for the EQD and Fixed Income industries of any impact of these events during the overall lifecycle. In this way, the Department is providing its services for any impacted trade involving Trading, Clients and/or Counterparties.
Associate Level 1 / SA
Global Markets Operations – Corporate Actions
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Follow up the CA, dividends and manages their instructions & settlements processes to ensure a smooth operation.
CA & Dividend related Instructions
- Manage instruction and settlement process for corporate events and dividends.
- Perform dividends or corporate action related reconciliations between systems.
- SLAB CA & Dividend Management
- Manage corporate actions and dividends processes for the Lending and Borrowing activity
- Projects and Process & control efficiency
- Perform settlement for listed Derivatives both Financial and Commodity derivatives and handle funding for the Clearer accounts
- Perform trade / position reconciliation duties among different front and back office systems
- Perform immediate investigation on irregular items such as position breaks / cash breaks or system problems
- Escalate to managers of any control incident that may cost a loss to the bank
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures and policies under the supervision of immediate supervisor
- Conduct system enhancement testing or involve in new system implementation project if required
- Streamline the operational procedures, enhance work efficiency and minimize operational risk
- Provide support to other team members if required
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied.
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients, especially FO. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manag) as this is a constant changing environment
- Conducting Team Meeting & Bi-Monthly 1 on 1 with team members
- Ensuring EOD control are thoroughly performed & queues are clear with no outstanding
- Providing EOD update to management on all the activities within process.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Relevant product knowledge
- Microsoft skills (Macro, Excel, Powerpoint & Word ) would be a major plus
- Preferred a Bachelor on accounting, Mathematics or Finance.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)