Support Analyst – Oracle,SQL, Unix
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
This is for a Support Analyst role, reporting to the Application Support Manager within ISPL GM ORF APS
The role includes operations and support, strongly collaborating with the global team and the other Technology teams in ISPL. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled candidate to join a very dynamic company and work in an exciting environment.
The candidate will be working on multiple facets of trade processing like Booking systems, Settlement systems, Accounting and Payments, Reconciliations etc. while primarily working with corporate actions processing and Treasury applications. They will also oversee the applications responsible for processing of SWIFT messages.
The APS team member is responsible for providing production support, maintenance of key application platforms, deployment within the GM ORF APS domain
11th June 2021
CIB Prod – Global Markets APS
Business Line / Function:
CIB Prod – Global Markets APS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide assistance to traders and back office users in issues faced while managing their BAU. Identify bugs in the
application and work on permanent resolution for the same. Manage critical issues to resolution.
• Candidate must work as level 2/3 and be an escalation point for others in the team to bring technical and product issues to resolve.
• Responsible for monitoring production environment and act proactively to prevent performance issues or application crash.
• Responsible for resolving support issue by using his technical expertise and flexible enough to look for solutions that may be out of the box.
• Handling ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Management
• Monitoring night batch and ensuring reports are generated well and transferred to client by adhering the SLA defined.
• Monitor the recurrent incidents, perform problem management and escalate to the next level of support or development team when required
• Analyzing/documenting problems, recommending solutions, & initiating corrective action
• Providing coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
• Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & up gradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work
• Responsible for UAT/PROD deployment & validation,
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Hands on knowledge in SQL/Oracle
• Knowledge in Business Objects would be good.
• Having functional knowledge in: Equity Derivatives/ Trade Life Cycle/ Futures and Options.
• Knowledge on ITIL process
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)