Sybase Database Developer – ALMT IT FO (5 to 8 Years)
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
About Businessline/Function :
· ALMT function is responsible for Asset Liabilities management and treasury activity of BNP Paribas.
· As part of Risk Management, it caters to the generation, management, monitoring and reporting of different Risk parameters (e.g. Interest Rate Risk, Credit/liquidity risk, etc.).
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To contribute as a programmer on application development, enhancements, maintenance and support activities for multiple applications across all SDLC phases.
· Design and develop procedural programming solutions when the solutions demand,
Included Application designing / development / testing / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
· Should be able to write queries using complex joins, filter criteria, type cast when required
· Design and develop SQL queries for the interfacing solutions required
· Write Database code using the best practices whenever possible and help in tuning and refactoring legacy database code
· Should be able to debug issues in SQL queries or any of the database constructs
· Should carry out detailed unit testing based on the scenarios provided
· Should be comfortable to work using Database development tools
· Should create technical documentation such as the entity relationship diagrams, unit-testing documentation and technical design specifications for the deliverables
· Should have working knowledge of performance tuning.
· Prepare test plans and conduct Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance and Functional Testing
· Interact with functional and technical representatives of project teams in order to understand business functionalities, technical modules, integration mechanism and data sources
· Ensure that the project and organization standards followed during various phases of software development lifecycle and day-to-day development work
· Estimate efforts and schedules for various modules and meet deadlines
· Acquire skills in relevant technologies and take up higher responsibilities
· To ensure that application is of good quality, ensure any issues fixed on priority
· Contribute towards innovation; suggest new technical practices for efficiency improvement.
· Should participate in stand ups and contribute to various project and organizational processes defined.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong knowledge on Sybase ASE/Oracle Database
· Strong in knowledge of writing complex SQL queries with multiple joins, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Indexes, Performance Tuning knowledge
· Good Query tuning knowledge
· Strong knowledge of version control tools, preferably SVN / Bit bucket
· Thorough understanding of complete Software Development Lifecycle
· Experience in technical analysis and database designing
· Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and ability & willingness to learn & work on diverse technologies (languages, frameworks, and tools)
· Good Communication Skills
Nice to have Skills:
· Knowledge on Linux/Unix environment, shell scripting.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)