Tech Lead – Unix/Linux
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Server Infrastructure team is responsible for supervising, monitoring and developing the Server of the regional Hub of BNP Paribas in the India region, liaising with BNP Paribas Head Offices where all major banking applications are hosted. Server Team activities plays a major role in the structure of processes that govern decision making around IT investment, client and suppliers relationships, project management.
APAC IT CoreOS Unix Team Engineer
ITIP – Data and Compute
Business Line / Function:
APAC IT Production
Sr. Tech Lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role is for a technical support position and they will be responsible for overseeing the support of Unix Team Infrastructure services.
· Perform BAU support operations of Unix, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS and related systems in APAC.
· Manage and install server operating systems on both physical hardware and virtual environments.
· Plan, test and execute Production changes successfully following BNPP Change Management process.
· Manage Priority 1 issues to help define and communicate the issue and any necessary changes needed to resolve the issue.
· Technical ability to give support for L3/L2 incidents of Unix Server Operating Systems it includes Health Check-up, Monitoring alerts and take preventive and reactive actions. Good troubleshooting skills.
· Experience on virtual technology platforms such as VMware websphere 6.x or Microsoft HyperV 2019.
· Perform gap analysis of the existing infrastructure, create implementation plan to bridge the same.
· Conduct OS-level and VMware patch planning, coordination and execution using patch management tools and Security Expressions ( Hardening of OS )
· Experience using Centrify for authentication and privilege account management is preferred (but not essential)
· Capacity Management for disk, memory CPU etc. and Forecasting the recommendation. Intermittent resource usage and optimization advice.
· Strong knowledge on governance, server build and administration of IT services in cloud based environments
· Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organization.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Required Technical Knowledge/Skills:
§ At least 13+ years of technical experience in as many of these operating systems (OS):
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x / 8.x
o IBM AIX 8.x,
o Ubuntu 18.x / 20.x
o CentOS 7.x
§ Handles the product lifecycle of the Unix infrastructure to assure operational availability; designs and specifies changes for implementation.
§ Experience on virtual technology platforms such as VMware websphere 6.x or Microsoft HyperV 2019.
§ Candidate must be competent on how to install the OS on physical servers and virtual servers.
§ Working experience with day to day tasks like vMotion, P2V,Clustering, Performance Monitoring, Basic CLI Commands, Alerts, monitoring, & DRS, backup and recovery.
§ Hardware and Networking Knowledge on Server Hardware Multiple Vendors, Remote Management Tools, Software & Hardware RAID, Technical understanding on network topologies & devices, Storage Devices
§ Strong knowledge on governance, server build and administration of IT services in cloud based environments
§ Patching through Satellite & Client-side yum configuration.
§ Develop and maintain system documentation, including configuration guides, and standard operating procedures. Direct and be responsible for the implementation effort.
§ Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members.
§ Assess demand for their service or technology area and develop plans to meet future capacity needs and makes recommendations to the manager.
§ Aware of all critical changes to infrastructure and applications that could impact service delivery to their business customers.
§ Able to work autonomously and as part of a team using strong analytical skills
§ Be service oriented, customer focused, positive, committed and have an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
§ Be willing to do shift work and some weekends. Also be on call or attend incident calls outside office hours at short notice.
§ Demonstrate a systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
§ Able to follow the bank’s standards, processes and procedures.
§ ITIL 4 Foundation qualification.
Other Value-Added Competencies:
§ Knowledge and experience with Powershell, PowerBI, Ansible Tower,Puppet, Ivanti, Veritas and BMC software.
§ Experience using or supporting VSAN, iSCSI, DAS, NAS, SAN storage technologies.
Specific Qualifications : Professional certification in any of the listed Unix OS
§ Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage a project
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (Professional certification in any of the listed Unix OS)