Vice President 1 / Assistant Vice President – Supplier Generic Due Diligence
- Standard / Permanent
- PROCUREMENT & PERFORMANCE
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Procurement & Performance Shared Service Centre (SSC) is a new function being setup under Chief Administrative Office & Front Office Support, with an aim of establishing the various Procurement & Performance processes supporting the BNP Paribas group from India.
Functional ISPL title: Vice President 1 / Assistant Vice President
Role title: Vice President 1 / Assistant Vice President – Supplier Generic Due Diligence
2 August 2023
P&P SSC – GDD
Business Line / Function:
Direct: ISPL Head of P&P SSC
Functional: ISPL Head of P&P SSC
To be confirmed
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement & Performance SSC – GDD in establishing the Supplier Generic Due Diligence process at BNP Paribas India Solutions Private Limited.
The incumbent‘s objective is to assess Suppliers before and during a contractual relationship, in order to protect BNPP from financial, strategic, reputational and legal risk. This involves carrying out risk analysis before and during a collaboration with any Supplier, helping the buyers in their decisions.
- Monitoring the team’s deliverables and support the team members on their day-to-day activity, in particular the team’s BAU risk evaluations (Financial failure, financial dependency between supplier and BNPP, corporate and social responsibility, GDPR, concentration risk, Operational Risk, Financial Security, IT risks, among others) for existing suppliers (monitoring activity) and new suppliers (on-boarding activity).
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Manage communication with key stakeholders across Business clusters and geographies with adequate data and insights.
- Prepare the Group and Entities Risk Sourcing Committees (gathering Group Strategic Sourcing, heads of Entities Procurement team, Compliance, Legal and Risk departments), with the required inputs and insights, to help review the Group and Entities risk level exposition to its suppliers.
- Ensure the process deliverables are executed according to agreed KPIs/KRAs, Conduct regular service delivery reviews with the Head of P&P SSC – GDD, ISPL.
- Ensure the teams support buyers by: Performing on-demand supplier financial situation analyses; Monitoring different alerts and information regarding the suppliers; Providing risk opinion on critical situation.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Prior experience in KYC processes
- Knowledge of Fircosoft.
- 3 to 4years in Risk & Control or Compliance
- Prior experience in accounting, balance sheets review desirable.
- Ability to mentor, coach and effectively engage staff to improve efficiency & effectiveness.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Self-motivated, results driven, and take ownership of assigned tasks with ability to follow through
- Methodical, analytical and organized, with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)