Vice President – HR Shared Services – Background Verification & Onboarding
- Standard / Permanent
- HUMAN RESOURCES
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The Human Resources Department in BNP Paribas India Solutions is focused on:
Bring Onboard the right Talent into the BNP Paribas India Solutions family
Continuously engage with our employees to promote BNP Paribas values
Ensure that reward and recognition reflect the principles of fairness and the values of BNP Paribas
Nurture and grow our Talent and develop our future leaders
Responsible for delivering Background Verification and Onboarding processes through centralized and standardized services & solutions via HR Shared Services Delivery model. The individual will have accountabilities in service delivery being the first point of contact for different stakeholders, managing the team of process experts, dedicated to delivering the best customer experience.
- Manage tasks centralized under HR Shared Services for Background Verification, Vigilance and Onboarding within India HR Shared Services team across different entities and location.
- Ensure that the team manages the daily operations tasks efficiently and follows SOPs, Maker and Checker for every process.
- Understand HR tools and systems, Improve existing HR operations processes and create efficiency by automating manual processes.
- People Management i.e. setting objectives and goals for the team and also track progress. Ensure Business continuity through cross training of resources.
- Manage BGV vendors for daily BAU, highlight any discrepancies, manager escalation, and Ensure Governance.
- Prepare and Present Dashboards and KPIs showcasing health of the HRSS deliveries / processes centralized.
- Get well versed with market practice / standards across similar BFSI industry which helps us keep updated and implement practices accordingly.
- Escalation management between business, stakeholders, Candidates, vendors and updating seniors on occurrence of events.
- Responsible of monthly, payroll cut-off audits, Lead statutory audits.
- Risk Mindset, Formulates & Implements Risk & Control measures for processes / BAUs managed.
- Partner / Handle new projects within agreed timeframes in collaboration with stakeholders and adhering to regulatory compliance and controls.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Digital Fluency – Pioneers and champions for digital methods, mind-set and ways of working across the organization to deliver enhanced value.
2. Proficient in using MS Office
3. Proficient in using CRM systems
4. Proficient in using Reporting & Analytics tools
5. Experience of working under HR Shared Services model in similar industry
6. Knowledge of HR Tools such as TALEO, PeopleSoft, Workday, Success Factor, SAP, etc.
1. Innovation – Evaluates future directions and risks based on current and future strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Develops innovative ideas and methods of doing things making connections between previously unrelated areas
2. Digital Fluency – Pioneers and champions for digital methods, mind-set and ways of working across the organization to deliver enhanced value.
3. Energize People – Leads teams to successfully achieve goals and objectives. Demonstrates humility and curiosity in interactions with individuals at all levels.
4. Client Focused, think what the end customer needs
5. Strong Communication Skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. In Depth knowledge of Background Verification, Vigilance and Onboarding processes across India & APAC
2. Has worked within similar BFSI industry / multinational under HR Shared Services / Delivery model.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Education Level: MBA or equivalent Masters level degree in relevant field preferred
Experience Level: At least 15 years [minimum 5-7 years for team / people management]