BNP Paribas Securities Services delivers customised front to back office securities solutions to asset managers, asset gatherers, asset owners, issuers and financial intermediaries from offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, and India, in addition to our strong presence in Australia and New Zealand.
Our approach is based on collaboration and value creation through the services we provide. In Mumbai, our client facing team services the domestic market in asset servicing, third party clearing and settlement for Bank/brokers. For foreign investors seeking to expand their footprint into India, our client facing team acts as a local custodian to ensure your Foreign Porfolio Investors (FPI) requirements are met.
Through our extensive network, multi asset class expertise and continuous investment in new technologies, we help our clients realise their investment opportunities around the world. Apart from being one of the biggest global banks, we would like to highlight few key differentiating factors that make BNP Paribas Securities Services India stand out as a custodian bank.
We combine international service standards with local experience and insights to give best-in-class solutions for international investors.
- One-stop Solution: We have a comprehensive service offering (local custody, forex, execution and derivatives clearing) for foreign investors. We have the ability to customise service solutions to align with our client’s strategy and vision with a combination of India solutions and a strong global offering.
- Onboarding Expertise: We provide quick and hassle-free client-onboarding that saves time and improves productivity. More than accounts seamlessly and efficiently migrated into India market to date.
- Commitment: We have been established in India for over 160 years, offering a range of forward-looking services designed and customised to equip investors across different segments like equity, derivatives, debt and currency derivatives.
- Systems and Technology: Our global systems are customised for local requirements, with the ability to support investors in the rapidly changing environment. Our professionals and systems are accessible, responsive, friendly, innovative and focused on economic value for our clients.
- Transparent Forex Process: We ensure the forex spreads are as agreed with our clients and always remain constant when dealing with multi-currencies.
- Market Advocacy: Our strong local expertise and excellent relations with regulators and intermediaries, central counterparties (CCPs),Central Securities Depository (CSD) and Government officials, tax and legal firms
We actively lead discussions on improvements to the Indian capital markets and pain points for foreign investors. With a highly experienced, dedicated team centrally located at our headquarters in Mumbai with a strong customer centric approach we are able to provide support to client in different time zones.
- Ranked 1st in Global Investor Sub Custodian Survey (unweighted category) – 2020 and 2017.
- Agent Banks in Emerging Markets Survey Results 2020 – Category Outperformer in all markets, with scores above the Global average in all 11 categories.
- Rated as a top performer in the Primary Market Segment (Equity – IPO/ FPO Bids – Custody Banks) FY 2018-19 by the Bombay Stock Exchange, India’s oldest and largest stock exchange.
We are a multi-asset servicing specialist committed to helping our clients achieve their investments and cross-border distribution ambitions.
In a changing world, you need a partner with experts who understand the changing market landscape in the securities services industry. Our extensive network, along with the rich diversity of our people, enable us to provide our institutional clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As a forward-thinking business, we continuously invest in new technologies, sustainability and innovation. We are one of the highest-rated asset servicing banks in the industry. With us, clients’ assets are safe and their risks are mitigated. Our values and strengths drive BNP Paribas forward and are the cornerstone of our business – stability, responsibility and expertise.
We listen, we respond and we look forward to working with you.
Market Compass for India
Local Presence with Global Reach
Prevent unauthorized transactions in your demat account –> update your mobile number with your depository participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL on the same day – Issued in the interest of investors.
“KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.”
No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor’s account.
Rights and Obligations of beneficial owner and depository participant as prescribed by SEBI and depositories and SEBI circular on Simplification of Account Opening Kit.
Filing complaints on SCORES – Easy & quick
a. Register on SCORES portal
b. Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES:
- Name, PAN, Address, Mobile number, E-mail ID
- Effective communication
- Speedy redressal of grievances
SEBI SCORES – “In case of grievances / complaints on issues related to the services of NSDL Demat Accounts maintained with BNP Paribas Mumbai branch, clients can access an online link to the SEBI Complaints Redressal System (SCORES).