- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Description – APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Chapter Lead – PM
01 September 2023
Business Line / Function:
Wealth Management / WMIS Hub
Product – Division Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
WMIS Products division is responsible for project delivery and application support for Structured Products, FX and Regulatory Reporting (EMIR, MIFIR, HKMA, MAS).
Products division is looking for a Chapter Lead – PM to join the team in Singapore to work in the Product Division. Candidate will be reporting to the Division Manager
There are 3 Squads within the Product Division, who help to deliver major transformation and BAU projects for FX, Structured Products and Regulatory Reporting Business. Each Cross-Skills Squads focused on the delivery of the BAU and Projects and Assets within the Division.
- Chapter Lead will be responsible for the Support, Learning and having regular Connect with all the Scrum Masters within the PM Chapter. Scrum Masters are responsible to drive the Squad deliveries whereas Chapter Lead will be responsible for Supporting PMs for the deliveries.
- Develop expertise and introduce WMIS/Industry Best Practices within the Chapter.
- Motivate, develop skills, Appraise PMs/Scrum Masters, as well as BAs on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a back-up for division head during his absence and manage the show when any of the Scrum Master decides to take on different roles
- Conduct Appraisals for all the Scrum Deliveries. for the FX TOM project and the deployment throughout the countries. He/She will also act partially as Business Analysis:
- Aligning goals and directions with Management and Scrum team
- Taking charge and ensuring project releases (timeline) are promptly updated and accurate in appropriate reporting tools
- Organize and conduct committees at different levels to initiate discussion and track actions for any follow up between stakeholders
- Identify and raise project risk and issue in a timely manner
- Help to remove potential impediments of the project and raise escalation appropriately
- Ensuring WMIS project governance are strictly met/passed (Project kick off, functional architecture committee, IT validation, production implementation process etc)
- Consolidating/preparing and representing steering committees (business sponsor update meeting)
- Prepare and ensure accurate reports to management (weekly reports and updates into reporting tools)
- Follow up with multiple technical and business teams/squads, Infrastructure and testing teams to deliver the project
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of overall experience as Project Manager
- 7+ years in banking industry
- 4 years of Project Management (preferably Waterfall, some Agile also a plus)
- Knowledge and work experience in banking industry, preferably Wealth Management
- Good understanding of IT architecture
- Highly analytical mindset, capable of modeling complex systems
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with end users and stakeholders at various levels
- Experience in implementing software packages
- Minimum 7 years of related working experience in banking and finance IT.
- Client risk management tool
- Understanding of structured products
- Understanding of Transaction Reporting Principles and Architecture
- Understanding technical aspects of Cloud, API, Developments
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Office suite
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Knowledge of French is an advantage though not mandatory