- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
GSO – Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Portfolio Processing and support
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas GSO Chennai would be the extended team of Investment Operations team and responsible for delivering the services related to Security Master, Pricing, Benchmark and Reconciliations processes which are currently under transition from BNP Paribas Asset Management Brussels S.A.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is part of BNP Paribas Group and is responsible for the process of managing and monitoring assets, on behalf of individual and corporate clients. BNPP AM offers funds and mandates towards his clients. These funds & mandates are managed by Portfolio Managers, who are based in the different locations across the globe.
Investment Operations is responsible for handling and monitoring all services, in order that the Portfolio Managers are able to manage daily their portfolios. Security Master Operations is one of the teams within Investment Operations.
You, as a member of the team Security Master, Benchmark & Pricing Operations, will be responsible for the daily creation of financial instruments and Funds / Mandates, daily monitoring and validation and publication of prices for all instruments. Besides the creation, you will provide effective support to internal and external clients and you will work on frequent projects related to data quality enhancement as well as process improvement. Understand the valuation (prices / Mark to Market + analytics) process of all kinds of financial instruments. Make sure that the pricing strategy is fully applied.
- Ensure the timely and accurate integration of S/R (Subscription/Redemption), Fees and other cash and securities flows to Aladdin that are exceptional to the Target.
- Work collaboratively with Reconciliation and other Position Keeping teams to resolve cash and positions breaks.
- Ensure other non-standard process including payment instructions via Swift message, non-processed portfolio mirroring and control.
- Liaise with Events Coordination team to ensure correct planning and accurate integration of portfolio events to Aladdin
Complete commitment to provide professional and prompt responses to meet clients’ requirement.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, exhibit high-level of respect to colleagues, display integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and Adaptation
Be innovative, embrace changes, and simplify the comprehensive areas without compromising on quality or timeline. Adapt continuous improvement as a culture.
· BAU Excellence
· Client Focus
· Risk & Controls
· Team Work
· Learning & Development
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Effective people and client communication
· Innovation and Initiative
· Flexibility & Adaptability
· Integrity, Trust and Fairness
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· 5 Years of experience in the field of Static Data or Pricing (Listed & OTC) would be preferable.
· Graduation / Post Graduation from the recognized University.
· Specific interest or qualification in Mathematics is an added advantage.
· Working experience with the most important data providers: Bloomberg, Telekurs, Reuters.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)