- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
FUND ACCOUTING – RECONCILIATIONS
Business Line / Function:
INVESTMENT AND FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS
ASSISTANT MANAGER LEAD/MANAGER
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role is for a mid-level position that requires decent formal education with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In this position, an Assistant manager performs the role of an SME and people manager (80:20) and has to ensure that the reconciliations performed between bank/out of bank assets Vs ledger accounts are correct .The assistant manager will also contribute by bringing the previous work experience and fresh ideas to the table in this fast changing environment. The role also demands to be flexible and multi task.
- Should be able to perform complex reconciliations independently.
- Should perform review function apart from queue monitoring.
- For review function, ensure all breaks are justified and commented correctly, all delays and errors are captured on the tracker. Also, ensure that the reconciliations are closed on reconciliation tool and sign-off is sent to the NAV teams.
- To chase relevant parties for all long pending breaks on a periodic basis. Escalate to manager in case break not resolved despite constant chasers.
§ Ensure reconciliations are completed for each NAV calculation.
§ Completeness of reconciliations includes:
§ Funds reconciled are delivered on time.
§ Delay reasons are updated correctly.
§ Processor and reviewer time updated on tracker.
§ Sign-off sent to the NAV teams based on cut-off agreed.
§ Archival of packs done on a daily basis for reconcilitions performed manually. (specific to derivatives reconciliations)
- Ensure self and team adheres to quality SLA of 99% & above while performing reconciliations.
- Ensure self and team adheres to timeliness SLA of 95% & above while performing reconciliations.
- There should be no comebacks from NAV teams on the reconciliations performed by self and team.
- There should be no incidents logged on reconciliations performed by self and team.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the manager on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Appraise AM Leads / Managers on the resourcing requirements for the funds.
- Effectively monitor the respective group mail box and respond efficiently to the queries.
- Ensure EOD status is sent to Senior management upon completion of reconcilitions.
- Ensure end of month KPI is submitted to the management.
- Manage and co-ordinate audit and ORC requests and ensure that it is completed on time.
- Provide AM lead / Managers timely feedback on staff performance by producing timeliness and errors details.
- Manage staff on daily BAU and to take corrective measures/actions, if required. Updating required staff/team adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating the BAU/Staff issues to Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Daily team huddles, Weekly team meetings and regular one on ones with team.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that the back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Required to plan leaves in advance as per GSO policies and keep a tab on unplanned leaves for self and the team.
Department BC Correspondents
· Acts on behalf of, and by delegation of Department head who remain fully responsible for the department BC Plans.
· Responsible for designing, maintaining and organising BCM documentations (BIA, BC Plan, Call Tree list etc.) and testing of BC Plans and solutions (BCP testing, Call tree testing, participation in various level BCP & DR testing)
· Provide business data for analysis, design and testing stages of BC Plan
· Alerting the BCM team of any business continuity incident with potential impact to business
· Organizing an appropriate business response for your department upon confirmed crisis scenario by mobilizing the recovery teams and communicating relevant instructions, and providing regular status updates on business recovery to the BC Manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
¡ Thorough understanding of all Capital market, Financial Instruments, Investment baking processes and advanced accounting skills .
¡ Excellent verbal and written communication.
¡ Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
¡ Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines.
¡ Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. Strong MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint skills required.
¡ Should be self-motivated and energetic.
¡ Should be able to train staff.
¡ Candidates should be willing and flexible to work in any shifts.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
¡ Graduate/Post Graduate (preferably in finance).
¡ Candidates should have relevant Fund accounting reconciliations or NAV experience.
¡ Working knowledge on Intellimatch tool an advantage (Specific for Paris recon process).
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years