- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Business Line / Function:
Wealth Management / WMIS Hub
PM Chapter lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
WMIS Products division is responsible for project delivery and application support for Structured Products, FX and Regulatory Reporting (EMIR, MIFIR, HKMA, MAS).
Products division is looking for a Business Analyst to join the team in Chennai to work in the FX/MM squad.
Candidate will be reporting to the FXMM squad team lead.
Project delivery includes a major transformation project (FX TOM) to revamp the entire Forex workflow for European sites (Switzerland, Monaco, Spain, Luxembourg, Germany) and Asia (Singapore, Hong-Kong and Taiwan). In terms of systems both in-house development and vendor applications are involved (Kondor+, MarginMan).
The candidate will work within our Reporting Squad and will be involved in Business Analysis on execution, referential and back-office applications. :
- Gather the requirements from the Product Owner and end users
- Write user stories and confirm the understanding with the developers.
- Write function specifications and ensure proper documentation of requirements, process mapping and workflow diagramming.
- Document business rules, feasibility studies, and impact analysis
- Perform system analysis with the BA of other applications squads when involved in multi-systems features and interfaces.
- Coordinate with multiple Technical teams, Infrastructure and testing teams to deliver the projects
- Assist to prepare technical deliveries and support implementation by integration teams.
- Work with developers on system development and unit testing.
- Work with the testing team to conduct system integration testing to ensure quality of delivery.
- Support UAT (reproduce issues, monitoring, fixing with the team)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of overall experience as Business Analyst
- 7+ years in banking industry
- 4 years of Business Analysis in the field of Forex
- Knowledge and work experience in banking industry, preferably Wealth Management
- Deep understanding of FX cash operations
- Good understanding of Ledger currency positions
- Good understanding of FX derivatives (options, accumulators)
- Good understanding of IT architecture
- Experience with one position keeping tool (preferably Kondor+)
- Good understanding of the bank’s processes, especially FX and Money Market
- Highly analytical mindset, capable of modeling complex systems
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with end users and stakeholders at various levels
- Experience in implementing software packages
- Minimum 7 years of related working experience in banking and finance IT.
- Client risk management tool (preferably MarginMan)
- Understanding of structured products
- Understanding of technical aspects like Java development, Cloud, API.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Office suite
- DB queries is a plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)