Java Backend Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
At PI Germany IT Solutions we provide modern development services and IT products that our consumers can use. This includes Frontend Applications like Web, Mobile or other fat client applications and furthermore, we develop and maintain necessary middleware applications and API products which can be used by internal or external customers.
In addition, we integrate and maintain 3rd party components, products into our solutions and providing additional services to business departments in order to archive the overall business objectives of BNPP PI Germany
Business Line / Function:
Head of Department/Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The developer helps with the development of ConsorsBank information systems, Business Applications and contributes to ensuring its continuity through personal effort as part of a team or to a limited extent within the department to achieve short-term and occasionally medium-term goals.
They help in the development and realization of the software architecture as a contribution to high-quality software solutions in accordance with the applicable best practices (maintainable, safe, documented, scalable, testable and in accordance with the needs of the business area).
Software Development & Architecture:
– Analysis of business requirements.
– Feasibility study of received business requirements.
– To design feasible and efficient solution for business requirement.
– To develop solution based on best practices, which conforms to business and technical requirements.
– To improve software source code and their maintainability.
– To maintain the conformity of BNPP group standards for development process, software quality and security
Software Testing, Acceptance and Handover:
– To define, to implement and to execute & document necessary tests.
– To update system document for particular applications affected.
– To integrate und configure developed software into different environments
– To define and to execute 3rd level support tasks for systems and applications in charge.
– To do necessary bug fix and to execute small enhancement tasks
– To take care about prevention of obsolete components and libraries.
Analysis und Continuous Improvement:
– To support optimization of software development processes & methods and possible usage of advanced tools and technologies
– To maintain and to improve stability and performance of development software solutions
– To develop prototypes which are based on new technologies by PoCs
– To improve operational aspects of developed solutions together with IT Production teams
Cooperation within team and company
– To define necessary infrastructure with configuration for software development activities
– To support the implementation and testing, acceptance of necessary infrastructure
– To contribute to system stability of the infrastructure and affected system components
– To support troubleshooting of urgent software or infrastructure issues.
Knowhow and Knowledge
– To support sharing and transferring Knowhow and Knowledge with others colleagues
– To continuously support code reviews and pair programming with other colleagues
– To foster exchange of software development knowledge with internal channel and network, in order to share best practices
– To ensure necessary training and continuous improvement of knowledge and knowhow
– To ensure successful participation in mandatory regulatory trainings on-time
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
– Degree in business informatics, computer science, engineering or comparable and several years of professional experience
– At least 5 years of experience in software development
– Knowhow of modern software architectures and modern development concepts & processes
– Deep know how and understanding of respective development domain (Web, Mobile, Middleware, API, Platform, CRM, CMS etc.)
– Expert knowhow in necessary development tools and programming languages
– Expert knowhow in software requirement engineering and managing requirements
– Knowledge in software testing incl. unit test design & execution as well as E2E tests
– Basic knowledge in IT cyber security and secure software development
– Basic knowledge of banking economics (banking, trading, investing; products and transactions)
– Working in an agile environment with Scrum
– Very good English skills in words and writing
Specific Qualifications (if required)
– Segment B: Analyst / Developer Level 4 BANA4
– Segment F: Agile DevOps Engineer ADID1 (please refer to attached skill matrix line 228)
– Microservices-architecture and agile (scrum) software-development
– Spring/Spring Boot
– REST API Development
– Tomcat/JBoss, Oracle
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills – oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent