Lead Business Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Atlas2 is core-banking system. We support for 9 regions of APAC, NAR and European countries and system operates on EOD/EOM batch processing on data from its petals system. It is interfaced with infocenter which is used for reporting.
Lead Business Analyst
Business Line / Function:
Muthu Lakshmi THIRUNAVUKKARASU
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This position leads the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business-reporting needs. The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for conducting requirement-gathering sessions, identifying and designing functionalities, writing detailed requirement specifications by analyzing specific business processes and user requirements, testing deliverables and workarounds to meet client objectives.
– Establish business requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. Ensure all stakeholders are involved in requirements gathering activities.
– Analyze and document accurate and detailed requirement specification documents, user guides and functional specification documents. Effectively organize and categorize large amounts of information provided by stakeholders.
– Evaluate information that is acquired and reconcile conflicts and/or challenge assumptions to ensure the utmost quality outcome for the client. Identify alternative solutions for solving business problems and objectively recommend solutions based on evidence collected during analysis.
– Interface with vendor partners where required and design optimal solutions for integration with the vendor application.
– Design and execute test scenarios. Develop test cases and conduct appropriate testing prior to deployment.
– Assist ETL analyst (Technical team member) in analyzing existing reports and identifying iteration metrics.
– Assist ETL analyst in preparation of data warehouse requirements document and mapping task.
– Help identify potential sources of data for the data warehouse.
– Provide linkage between the client’s business and technical staff regarding the project requirements throughout the development life-cycle.
– Respond to changing organizational priorities. Manage change requests relating to the project plans to meet the agreed deadlines. Mitigate risks ensuring project success.
– Work closely with project managers and assist with project planning. Provide project services when necessary.
– Resolve conflict and issues when necessary.
– Perform various administrative tasks including status reports, time recording, etc.
– Perform any special duties as assigned by the supervisor.
– Adhere to organization processes and practices outlined.
– Provide maintenance and level3 support towards resolving issues, bugs etc on production issues. Support users to resolve functional queries/issues raised.
– Prepare reusable templates for faster delivery.
– Actively participate in enhancing internal efficiencies in updating processes and documents.
– Meet business objectives by providing effective solutions.
– Be a team player by sharing observations & knowledge with other team members.
o Ready to collaborate
o Ready to work in shifts.
Performance Parameters for the Role:-
• Clear and crisp user requirements
• Well-articulated documentation
• Building rapport, confidence and trust in User groups and other stakeholders
• Effective decision making
• Foresight and anticipation of risks
• Functional design
• Excellent Verbal & written communication
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· 7+ years of experience in Oracle (SQL) or DB2 —- (Mandatory)
· Experience in Unikix/CICS ( desirable)
· Experience in any scheduling management tool like Autosys (desirable)
· Experience in PERL scripting will be added advantage
· Experience of working in banking / financial projects / applications/ Regulatory topics
· Exposure to tools like JIRA, Clarity, ServiceNow (desirable)
· Strong Ownership of assigned tasks to closure.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Management Master Degree(in Finance domain)/CA/CFA
· Prior Banking Experience
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good communication skills both oral and written to be able to work with a varied user base
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. Good communication skill, both spoken and written
2. Good interpersonal skill
3. Strong will to succeed and overcome challenges
4. Self-driven and independent, with good initiative.
5. Focus on value creation.