PLY for Chennai open roles
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Associate Level I
AFS – MO
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Position Purpose :
BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the EMEA region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for US/APAC clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services. The Trade Processing activity under Middle Office Operations is very important and critical process of handling clients globally across locations,
An Associate Level I in Trade processing department performs daily BAU as per Standard Operating Procedure for the particular team and Client.
- Working as a member of the Trade Processing team that includes trade capture, Matching & settlement of Securities, FX and Money market instruments.
- Process Global Security transactions on the Global trade processing platforms within given deadlines
- Interact with both internal and external stake holders to resolve trade confirmation and settlement queries
- Monitoring of transactions to confirm instructions from the client are processed in a timely and accurate manner thus ensuring timely settlement and accounting
- Ensure that all trades are matched within market/client deadlines
- Ensure client positions are correct and all transactions are processed
- Query resolution in accordance with time frames set out in Client SLA’s
- Work with the Custodians and brokers for timely matching and settlement.
- Reporting of exceptions in line with internal control and external client requirements.
- Resolve failed trade queries proactively.
- Escalating exceptions and failed transaction to appropriate stake holders for early resolution.
- Ensure all errors/break down of procedure are documented as per BNP Paribas policy
- Extensive communication with Internal & External parties.
- Investigating and resolving custodian exceptions for all 3 product classes.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Thorough understanding of all Capital market, Financial Instruments, Investment baking processes and above average accounting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to deal with high volumes of activity
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Graduates / Post Graduates (B.Com/MBA)
- Candidates should be willing and flexible to work in any shifts
- Associate Level 1: 1 – 3 years of experience with Investment Banking background
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Education Level: Graduates / Post Graduates
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience Level: 1-3 years exp with Investment banking background
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours.