Manager/AM – Team manager – Credit Analyst Agency Arrangement
- Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24×7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business line/Function :
Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) is a department in charge of the relationship management of key Financial Institutions, building long-term relationships and promoting the full portfolio of Business solutions BNPP can offer.
Within FIC, the Institutional Credit Analyst Team (ICAT) is a key domain of the first line of defense of the Bank, in charge of the assessment of Institutional clients’ credit profile and recommendation to delegation holders of credit authorizations.
The team covers all type of Financial Institutions: Banks, Insurances, Sovereign, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers.
Team Leader – Credit Analyst team for Agency arrangements
Business Line / Function:
FIC ICAT APAC
Head Credit Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
In the context of agency arrangements, BNPP gets exposed to principals through transactions dealt by Agents which are entitle to act on behalf of their clients for the conduct of specific financial activities or transactions.
Principals covered by agents can be numerous and are often, but not exclusively, Investments Funds, Pensions Funds or Insurance Companies.
The FIC ICAT position aims at covering the Credit management of principals under agency arrangements, worldwide.
The position is part of a platform of Credit analysts incorporated into BNPP India Solutions, operating under the supervision of the Regional ICAT Teams for the counterparties incorporated in their respective Regions.
The position plays a key role in the efficiency of clients’ onboarding and in the management of the credit risk of the Bank.
It implies working in close partnership with the ICAT community, FIC bankers, Businesses (notably Global Market Client onboarding teams) and RISK.
- The team leader is responsible for ensuring the completion of credit analyses on a portfolio of Principals under agency arrangements to facilitate informed credit decisions. In that context, the leader steers a team of analysts in addition to the performance of analyses on own.
The credit analyses imply to:
· Collect credit requests from Business lines, as well as former credit decisions if any
· Create a request in the Credit Process Administration tool
· Collect documentation, data points related to the principals to analyze
· Run the rating policy associated to the principal of consideration
· Produce and format reports for limits & exposure monitoring and other regular or Ad Hoc reports
· Report requested limits and recommend limits as per policies
· Check Delegation Levels and type of analysis needed for all counterparties
· Prepare, compile and circulate books and committee packs
As part of the steering of the team, the team leader is expected to ensure:
· The development of good knowledge of the team on the credit processes, legal documentations, accounting and regulatory environment, and share best practices
· Optimum resources allocation, appropriate training and recruitments when need be
· Credit requests are appropriately handle and analyses soundly performed
· Close work with the local Head of Credit Team ,the Regional Credit team managers and RISK Officers
· The team contributes to the Bank’s reactivity vis-à-vis clients’ expectations by prioritizing urgent requests, while ensuring the performance of Annual Reviews in due time.
· The team monitors the portfolio under coverage and report any possible credit warning signal as per market intelligence, available financial information.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong and proven analytical skills
· Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
· Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Valid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
· Self-driven and organized
· Rigorous and reliable
· Experience in team management / leading a team
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas
· At least 7 years of experience in a similar function with at least 2 years in a team leading role.
· English (fluent)
· Additional Asian language would be welcomed
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills – oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor/Master Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)